Week 10

For this week's reading I decided to read Astro Cat. I've never actually read Astro Boy, so I wasn't sure if I'd be completely lost in what was going on. Thankfully, though, there was a brief summary of how Astro Boy came to be, which pretty much filled in enough information for me. Because I don't have much experience with reading comics, I actually found myself reading left to right...it took me two pages in to realize that I needed to be going right to left. Ooops! Nonetheless, I was still able to understand the story fully.

Astro cat is basically Astro boy, but in a cat body. I really enjoyed how they paralleled how astro cat was created with astro boy's story - they both get into a bad crash and someone dies and is remade into a super-being. Although it's a bit sad, I do enjoy how the characters are reunited in a sense and also can help save those in need.

What I really enjoyed about reading this comic was the style of art and story telling. The characters were really cute and the dialogue was pretty funny. I especially loved the part where the son compares his mother to "bessie," the United States first computer. I also found it really cute that the dad was such a huge fan of Astro boy.

The concept of a cat being the one that saves the day is pretty humerus to me, but the story is so well-told that I really don't even mind it. It's entertaining and I found myself clicking to the next page in anticipation for more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Arrival + Image Translation

Week 2: Understanding Comics

Peanuts